Creating a Culture of Safety
Our team is dedicated to empowering team members to be safety leaders to promote a safe, secure, and environmentally-friendly work environment in all facets of our business. Safety is a core value at RES.
Our EHS&S Program has conformed with many client pre-qualification programs, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), DOT, and several energy industry clients. RES is also an A-rating member of the following contractor pre-qualification services: ISNetWorld, PEC Safety, Avetta, and Veriforce.
Initiatives, Actions & Goals
The Environmental Health Safety and Security (EHS&S) team is led by a Director who is supported by one Manager, seven Specialists, and one Coordinator. Team members are distributed throughout the country, with each being responsible for onsite supervision for their geographical area.
- The team manages a robust training program that includes incident management, site inspections, toolbox talks, company-wide monthly safety training, and onsite skills training.
- New employees are required to attend the RES Safety Orientation Program before entering RES worksites.
- Individual team members conduct comprehensive project-specific jobsite EHS&S compliance inspections with a steadfast goal of continuous improvement and safety excellence.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn by all employees on project sites.
- Commitment to EHS&S has resulted in an EMR rating of .83.
- Approval rating for safety programs is more than 95% company-wide.
- More than half of our entire organization is CPR/First Aid and AED-qualified.
Certification & Training
We offer our employees the following opportunities for training and certification:
- Confined Space Awareness and Training
- OSHA 10-Hour for Construction Industry
- OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Industry
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER (and HAZWOPER Supervisor)
- OSHA 3015 – Trenching, Soil Mechanics, and Excavation
- Sediment and Erosion Control
- Respiratory Protection, Fit-Testing, and Respirator Training
- Drug/Alcohol Testing (FMCSA, DOT) and Training (Reasonable Suspicion for Supervisors)
- Equipment Qualifications (excavators, skid steers, etc.)
The RES safety team has a wide breadth of experience, classical education, skills, and knowledge that span the safety profession. Every region is managed by a degreed professional, including three team members with master’s degrees. The team also holds various additional certifications and qualifications, including three Certified Safety Professionals, one Graduate Safety Practitioner, one Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, four OSHA Authorized Trainers, and three Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructors.