Creating a Culture of Safety
Our team is dedicated to empowering team members with safety leadership and promoting a safe, secure and environmentally-friendly work environment in all facets of our business. RES’ foremost core value is “Safe,” which is a term we take personally.
Our EHS&S Program has conformed with 100% of client pre-qualifications, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), DOT and several energy industry clients. RES is also an A-rating member of the following contractor pre-qualification services: ISNetWorld, PEC Safety, Avetta & Veriforce.
Initiatives, Actions, and Goals
- Dedicated EHS&S Department consisting of three full-time Regional EHS&S Specialists and a full-time Fleet & DOT Specialist, led by a Corporate EHS&S Director (CSP-credentialed)
- Comprehensive project-specific job-site EHS&S compliance inspections with a steadfast goal of continuous improvement and safety excellence
- Blackboard Connect Emergency Alert service for immediate communication of safety and security hazards
- All team members have an EHS&S curriculum designed to develop them as “safety leaders”
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn by all employees on project sites
- Bi-weekly toolbox safety training is held company-wide
- Commitment to EHS&S has resulted in an EMR rating of .78
- Approval rating for safety programs is more than 90% company-wide
- Approximately half of our entire organization is CPR/First Aid & AED-qualified
Certification & Training
We offer our employees the following opportunities for training and certification.
- Confined Space Awareness & Training
- OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Industry
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER (& HAZWOPER Supervisor)
- OSHA 3015 – Trenching, Soil Mechanics & Excavation
- Sediment & Erosion Control (Various qualifications throughout Mid-Atlantic region)
- Respiratory Protection, Fit-Testing and Respirator Training
- Drug/Alcohol Testing (FMCSA, DOT) & Training (Reasonable Suspicion for Supervisors)
- Equipment Qualifications (excavators, skid steers, etc.)
Our ESH&S Team is made up of some of the best in the industry and hold a number of professional certifications.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Associate Safety & Health Manager (ASHM)
- Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP)
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS)
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (EMT)
- Firefighter (1, 2 & Hazmat Awareness & Ops)