Locust Road Mitigation Bank
- Placer County
- Wetlands, Streams or Nutrients: Lower American River HUC 18020111, Auburn-Ravine Coon Creek HUC 180201610
- Species & Related Habitats: Swainson's hawk, Vernal pool fairy shrimp
The 75-acre Locust Road Conservation Bank located in Placer County consists of vernal pools and swales, seasonal wetlands, intermittent drainage, and annual grassland habitats.
The Bank was approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to offset impacts to seasonal wetlands, vernal pools, vernal pool fairy shrimp, and Swainson’s hawk. The service area for Waters of the U.S. includes the Lower American River HUC (18020111) and Auburn-Ravine Coon Creek (180201610). The vernal pool creation and vernal pool fairy shrimp service area follows the above referenced HUCs within the Southeastern Sacramento Vernal Pool Recovery Unit.
Available Credit Types
- Seasonal wetland re-establishment
- Vernal pool re-establishment
- Vernal pool fairy shrimp restoration
Previously Available Credit Types
- Swainson’s hawk (sold out)