Sand Creek Conservation Bank
- Tulare County
- Species & Related Habitats: California tiger salamander, San Joaquin kit fox, Vernal pool fairy shrimp
The 498-acre Sand Creek Conservation Bank located in Tulare County consists of seasonal wetlands, vernal pool and vernal swale habitat, as well as upland annual grassland habitat.
The bank was approve by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service for impacts requiring vernal pool preservation, San Joaquin kit fox, and California tiger salamander mitigation. The California tiger salamander service area is based on the Southern San Joaquin California tiger salamander subpopulation. The San Joaquin kit fox service area includes the historic distribution within San Joaquin Valley east of Interstate 5 in portions of Fresno, Merced, Mariposa, Stanislaus, and Tulare counties.
Available Credit Types
- California tiger salamander
- San Joaquin kit fox
Previously Available Credit Types
- Vernal pool fairy shrimp (sold out)
Pending Credit Types
- California tiger salamander uplands (CDFW approved)
- California tiger salamander aquatic (CDFW approved)